I will admit that aches and pains are not my favorite thing in life. There’s not an hour that I don’t feel a twinge of discomfort in some part of my body. However, I have learned some advantages to pain.
- It reminds me that I am still alive.
- It makes me rely on God more.
- It causes me to look forward to the day that I will leave this imperfect body on earth.
- It often signifies that I had worked a muscle hard enough to fatigue it.
- It allows me more empathetic with others who are experiencing physical pain.
- It forces me to slow down and rest.
- It humbles me and shows me that I am not invincible.
- It helps me to be thankful for the moments that I experience less pain.
As we age, aches and pains are inevitable, but moaning and complaining about them is optional. I am making the choice to rejoice!
This post is part of a 31 Day Blogging Challenge entitled Embracing Fifty. Please click here to find all the posts in this series. You can find the work of more bloggers participating in this series here. You’ll be glad you did!